ULTRAFAST BROADBAND IN EDUCATION AND HEALTH SECTORS
The use of ultrafast broadband in schools, polytechs, universities and other educational institutions will transform the way students learn.
The digital world is second nature to most young people and ultrafast broadband will bring internet-based applications and programs into classrooms, making for a richer learning experience.
In healthcare there now exists a wealth of online services and programs such as the use of videoconferencing for remote patient consultations and consolidated patient health records via secured patient portals.
The benefits ultrafast broadband will bring to the education sector include:
- Better student engagement as learning becomes an interactive experience
- Better collaboration and sharing between teachers, parents and students as they access student portfolios and projects stored in the cloud
- Access to Digital Learning Objectives (DLOs) by multiple children at once
- Greater opportunities for children with special needs as online learning accelerates students’ progress.
And some of the innovations ultrafast broadband can bring to healthcare:
- Remote access and cloud solutions for effective and secure patient administration
- Common e-prescribing (electronic prescription) processes
- Patients will be able to access primary providers more easily
- Secure access to patient electronic health records
- Tele-health technologies allowing patients to self-monitor their health at home, with the appropriate clinical support and oversight
- High-definition videoconferencing for medical consultations, supervision and education.